Lesson Plans Thursday, April 11, 2013
Palm Heel Strikes
Straight Punch Low
Front Kicks to the Groin
Defense v. Straight Punch Low
Head Lock from the side
Drill- 4 ppl/1 punching shield/1kicking shield
– 1 Defender/2 Pad Holders/1 Attacker
– Defender- Is in the middle
– Pad Holders- bump defender and hold for either Palm Heel strikes or Front kick to the Groin
– Attacker- Head Lock from the side
– Attacks are non-stop!
– Defender- Make the appropriate defense (Fast and Aggressive)
Defense v. Hook (covering)
Slipping (Quick Review)
Combo: Jab, Cross, Hook, Cross
– Add, Slip to the right/ Counter Cross, Hook
-Add, cover v. Left Hook (Right side), hook, cross
Defense against Low Round kick (using Shin)
Defense against Round Kick (Absorbing)
Light Sparring Drill: Working on Movement & Recognition!
1 Striker/1 Defender
Nice and easy-move around, straight punches, Hooks and Round Kicks.
Defender- Working on:
– footwork- moving off angle, forward, back & side to side
-Recognition- Bobbing and Weaving, covering v. Hooks, slipping and Defense against Low Round Kicks.. No counters yet!
– Switch Roles
After both sides have had a turn-
*** Switch Roles again and add counters. (Nice and Easy)
Choke from Behind with a pull
Front Kick to a Vertical Target
Drill- 3ppl/2 Kicking shields
1 Striker/2 Pad Holders
Striker- in the middle with one pad holder in front and one behind
– Front Kick followed by Back Kick
Dry Work-Back kick with a simultaneous straight punch.
*** Back with original Groups- 3ppl/2pads..
– Back Kick & Straight punch on pads
Gun From the Front
Gun From the Front 2 handed Technique
Drill: 2ppl/ 1 defender/1 attacker
– Defender-hands occupied
(ie: hands in pocket, holding a gym bag or pads)
– Attacker- Attack with Gun from the front