We provide training and certification in Krav Maga. Certifications are provided
in three levels. Each Certification is only 3 days long, HOWEVER, there are significant
prerequisites for each level.
There is a certification course for each Level of the Krav Maga Alliance curriculum. Participants who successfully complete each course to Alliance standards is authorized to teach the techniques in that level.
Certification Course Prerequisites:
- Adequate knowledge of all techniques in that level
- Demonstration of adequate fitness/conditioning
For each level, we will provide video segments demonstrating/discussing each
technique, and giving examples of the conditioning requirement for each level.
Prior to being accepted into a Certification course, each candidate must provide
a short video demonstrating the following:
- 1 three minute round of focus mitt work (minimum of basic 1-4 combinations)
- 1 three minute round of kicks, (front kicks, round kicks, and knees)
- Short explanation of a choke defense from Level One. This does NOT have to be
a complete teaching lesson. We are looking for basic ability to demonstrate the
technique, speak in front of a
camera/audience, and present information. The video should include the following:
- Live, aggressive demonstration 3 times from three angles
- Slow motion demonstration 3 times from three angles
- Verbal description of the defense
- Video application (prior to weekend)
- Pre test – 2 hour pre-test comprised of conditioning/fitness test and demonstration
of technique. This two hour period is designed to be intense and exhausting. It
is also an opportunity for candidates to prove that they know the physical material.
There will be NO surprises – all the necessary knowledge will be available beforehand.
Candidates who do not know the techniques, or who cannot pass the conditioning portion,
will not be considered for the rest of the weekend.
- COMMENT ON TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE. Candidates do not have to be perfect prior to
attending. We will help refine their technique during the weekend. But they must
have a basic working knowledge of the technique; otherwise, these courses must be
- Course Proper – after the pre-test, we will spend the next 2.5 days refining techniques,
discussing teaching methodology and performing mock teaching.
- Final Test – at the end of the course, candidates will undergo a final exam to
prove their teaching abilities.
- Documents/Certificates – candidates who successfully complete the course will
receive a Certificate of Completion. This certificate, by itself, does not mean
the candidate has been recommended as a teacher.
It simply indicates completion of that level.
The Certificate of Completion will contain the following levels:
- Certificate – indicates completion of the course
- Bronze Certificate – indicates a high level of teaching ability
- Silver Certificate – indicates exceptional teaching ability
- Gold Certificate – indicates extraordinary teaching ability
Note: most instructors who pass the test receive a Bronze rating. This does not mean they are mediocre. You cannot be mediocre and pass this certification! It simply means that we reserve the Silver and Gold ratings for the very best people on their very best day. If you train with someone who has a Bronze rating, be happy. It means they did very, very well on their exam!
Candidates who receive one ranking and wish to improve theirs will be provided
opportunities to do so. In some instances, candidates who complete the course may not receive a certificate
if they do not demonstrate at least a baseline knowledge and understanding during
the final test.
All Results Are Public
We are dedicated to transparency and an open source philosophy. Each trainer’s
status will be posted on our website.
Krav Maga Alliance is composed of Krav Maga schools, instructors, and students dedicated to improving themselves and each other through realistic training and the continuous exchange of ideas. We have affiliates all over the world, from Australia to Italy. We provide training, certification, and ongoing to support in all aspects of Krav Maga training. We provide curricula, lesson plans, and monthly updates with new training drills and scenarios to our affiliates.
The Krav Maga Alliance was created by John Whitman, a sixth degree black belt in Krav Maga. John is the former president of Krav Maga Worldwide, and earned instructor degrees from the Krav Maga Association of America, Krav Maga Worldwide, and the prestigious Wingate University in Israel. He is the only person to have earned a Senior Instructor diploma from Wingate. He has trained thousands of civilians and hundreds of law enforcement and military personnel, including the Air Force’s Office of Special Investigations Antiterrorist Specialty Team. John is the co-author of COMPLETE KRAV MAGA and KRAV MAGA FOR BEGINNERS. He was a leading participant in the creation and refinement of the Instructor Training Program used by Krav Maga Worldwide, a program he headed for 7 years.
Training Videos for all levels
Daily Lesson Plans
The motto of the Training Team is “Lead By Example.” Each member of our training team has proven his or her worth by setting an example for other instructors, school owners, and students.
Krav Maga Pro App for Android, Get it Here: Android KMA PRO APP